Dear EFL teachers,
This week we will be exploring various resources where we can find educational videos and share them with our students. Enjoy browsing through the websites we recommend at the end of November.
Task 1 Which of these resources could be the most relevant for your students? Choose 3 collections of videos and explain how you could use them in your class:
a) English with Jennifer
c) Let’s talk!
e) Busy Beavers
f) ABC Kid TV
g) Have fun teaching
h) Bridge TEFL
i) CNN Student News with subtitles
k) BBC Education
l) Classroom Clips
m) YouTube Education
For example: ESL Book Club could be used to inspire students to create their own book club and read interesting books in English, then share their impressions on TeacherTube or YouTube.
Common and Proper Nouns could help students understand proper and common noun concepts.
How to make an ice-cream sandwich shows 2nd grade students explaining how to make an ice-cream sandwich, so it would be a great project idea for Moldovan elementary level students when they learn food or action verbs.
Sample projects created by your colleagues:
- Ludmila's Listly project: http://list.ly/list/VPD-use-of-video
- Natalia's Padlet project: http://ratanatalia.weebly.com/blog/ways-to-use-videos-in-the-classsrom
- Irina's Pinterest project: http://irinapushney.weebly.com/materials/assignment-2
- Dumitru's Listly project: http://gruscadumitru.weebly.com/the-9th-grade/watching-blog-tv
- Emma's Listly collection: http://emmamatreniuc.weebly.com/themes-for-english-classes/enjoy-incredible-plethora-of-videos-inspiring-and-engaging-challenging-and-neverending
Task 4: Create a video assignment using Movenote